Flying Field Information
Wright Flyer's Club uses the flying field located in Wright City, MO.
Visitors and spectators are always welcomed.
(Click Image for Current Frequency Chart - Opens in new window)
Some miscellaneous pictures of the field.
(Click thumbnail for larger image)
Wright Flyers Field Virtual Tour
Click & drag mouse left and right to rotate image.
NOTE: Quick Time Player Required for Virtual Field Tour! Click on Icon below to download!
Directions to the flying field:
From Hwy 70 Exit 200, turn north. Take the North Service road east .2 mi. Turn left (north) on Hwy J. Travel 1 mile to Godt Rd. Turn Left (west), follow Godt .7 mi. bear to your right.
Wright Flyers Flying Field Regulations
1. Use of our field for flying has been granted by agreement with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Please observe the rules and keep the area clean.
2. During periods of field maintenance and grass mowing, the field is closed. No flying will be permitted.
3. No alcoholic beverages are allowed at the flying field. No flying will be permitted if alcoholic beverages have been used before flying.
4. Guest flying: A total of six visits per year is the limit for a guest pilot. All guests must be accompanied by a club member.
5. Children must be closely supervised at all times. Children and other spectators must remain behind an invisible line which is behind the pit area and extends parallel to the runway for the full length of the field.
6. Animals brought to the field by spectators or modelers must be restrained at all times
7. To prevent damage to the grass in the pit area, a positive means (i.e., catch bottle or equivalent) of preventing fuel spills is required.
8. The field is closed on Mondays May thru Aug. at 5:00 P.M. until dark for Pilot Training.
FLYING RULES1. The club offers free flying lessons to prospective new members. Student pilots will be enrolled in the AMA Introductory Pilot Program which provides insurance coverage for up to 30 days from the trainee's first training flight. Thereafter the trainee must join the AMA and the Wright Flyers Club to continue to fly at the field.
2. All flying is to be done in accordance with the Official AMA National Model Aircraft Safety Code.
3. Your Wright flyers Model Airplane Club membership card must be on the frequency control board to turn on your transmitter. If there are multiple cards on the same frequency, yours must be on top. Be sure to place your card on the proper frequency clip.
4. Careless, reckless and/or dangerous flying as determined by any two or more club members shall not be permitted. Do not hesitate to express your concerns to fellow pilots regarding their flying if it bothers you.
5. When others are flying on your frequency, observe the "golden rule": one flight, then relinquish the frequency to another flyer (maximum time limit is approximately 20 minutes).
6. All engines must have a muffler or an effective silencer. All planes must not exceed 100db noise level at 9 feet on grass. If not, the plane must not fly until it has met this requirement.
7. No engine operation before 8:30 AM.
Please read the complete Saftey Rules & Regulations